Marshall Islands

In the Marshall Islands there is an Island call Ebeye. People in Ebeye love to swim in the ocean, go fishing, and play ukulele. I love Marshall Islands cause I grow up there and live there. Marshall Islands is fun cause they do a lot of stuff like climb in the coconut tree and look for drink. They also know how make coconut oil; they make coconut oil from the coconut tree. The school in the Marshall Islands is private  because you study about religion, and in the public school there are a lot  of students. The church in Marshall Islands is good cause you learn about God. Marshall Islands are small. You can walk to GuzGu. GuzGu is another Island where they do a lot of stuff. Me and my friends in Marshall Islands love to play basketball at the gym, we love to swim and look for fish to bring to our parents so they can eat, which is call manit. Manit  is when you give respect to everything. For example, when you find food or do something good to the elders. My dad and uncle always went diving and looked for turtles and brought them to our family or some people so they could enjoy them.

Image result for marshall islands

There are  a lot of islands in the Marshall Island. My mother is from Jaluit, and  my father is from Likiep. The Marshall Islands are controlled by Germany, Japan, and USA. The Marshall Islands are between Philippines, and Hawaii.  Marshallese culture leader is called a chief who owns the land. In the Marshall Islands the girls have to cover their shoulders and their knees, and the girls always wear dresses. They also make  earrings, necklaces, and purses. They are made from coconut leaves. We like to play basketball, volleyball, walk with our hands, play marbles, and do handstands.

7 thoughts on “Marshall Islands”

1. This blog post fascinates me. Thanks for describing Ebeye. I would love to go there. I would also love to learn how to make coconut oil. In class you’ve told me that there are different types of coconuts – I never knew that. When you walk to GuzGu, do you walk through the water to get there? How is that island different from Ebeye?

2. this story is interesting because is where I’m from and where I grow-up. this story is like more like action because it show how people doing something for others and they swim a lot and play. this blog is good and u are an good writer.

3. Thank you for finding a new video! It’s too bad that the link to your first video stopped working. I think the poem Kathy Jetnil-Kijiner wrote is very moving, and she has a beautiful family.